Behind the clear swimming pool water, not a few of you are aware that there are so not a few health threats lurking. You are probably familiar with the incidents of irresponsible people who just casually urinate while they are still in the pool. The fact is that such events are not the only medical threat you should be aware of when you are feeling the sensation of swimming in a public swimming pool.
In research conducted by the Health and Water Quality Committee located in the United States, among agencies concerned about health threats while in the water environment, all researchers are trying to explore what health risks exist in the public swimming pool environment. The study involved 3000 adults as respondents. Various questions were raised to the respondents, including they may have to urinate in a swimming pool as adults. Here all researchers say that 27% of adults say they did it.
In response to this affair, Chris Wiant, the chairman of the committee said that you remain uninformed about the health threats lurking in the water. The swimming pool is a public facility. Everyone can access this place, regardless of the background they have. Regardless of your activity or passion, we can not prevent a person from entering a swimming pool. You’re probably a doctor, a businesswoman, a housewife, a student, or a person who likes to play in Agen Sbobet Terpercaya Indonesia. In the swimming pool, there is no limit to private territory.
Every time someone urinates in a pool pond, the urine will be mixed with chlorine in a swimming pool. The mixture of both will result in the appearance of different chemical parts and at the same time, reducing the amount of chlorine dissolved in water. In fact, chlorine is needed as part of disinfectant and bacterial destruction in water.
Due to the decrease in the level of disinfectant in the water, no wonder if the microorganisms are like parasites and bacteria present in the most alarming amount. Researchers are pursuing that parasites and bacteria can spread in the ease of public swimming, even if it has been purified by chemical substances. In 2000 to 2014 mislanya, occurred for 500 medical incidents in the swimming pool in 46 states and Puerto Rico. In that range, 27,219 medical issues were registered and 8 deaths hit residents in the same area. What is unique is that during one-third of this incident occurred in the hotel’s swimming pool and sauna.
Most of these diseases are caused by a type of parasite that has a cryptosporidium name or is often called the crypto term. This parasite is known for its toughness in surviving in an environment with a high chlorine content of about 7 days beruntun and the culprit of diarrheal diseases. In addition, there are as many different microorganisms that contribute greatly to the spread of health threats in the swimming pool environment, such as pseudomonas bacteria resulting in a red rash on the swimmer’s ear element, and Legionella resulting in Legionnaire’s disease. The latter is arguably one of the worst. Legionella microorganisms accounted for at least 6 out of 8 death problems registered in the 15-year period.
Crypto is listed as the source of the majority of diseases. According to Michele Hlavsa, head of the CDC’s Health Program swim, taking a spoonful of crypto-laden water, a healthy child and adult can be exposed to diarrheal diseases almost a week later, along with stomach cramps, dizziness, and vomiting.
Therefore, he says that it is most important for us to maintain the purity of water from crypto infection. This is also the argument that a person suffering from diarrheal diseases is not allowed to enter the swimming pool environment, but you can still join with Bandar Bola Piala Dunia 2018 if you insist.
Even so, not many adults ignore this appeal. Still not a few of you who think that we can get into the swimming pool after you no longer feel diarrhea, including only 1 hour after we finish. The range of these times is the furthest under a medical recommendation that a diarrhea sufferer should wait at least 1 week until the phenomenon of the disease disappears, then it may be swimming in a public swimming pool.
Furthermore, not many of you miss a bathing ritual before swimming. Most of you still think that bathing is done after swimming. Of course, the 3000 people selected as research respondents can not represent you as a whole. However, at least from this research, we can learn to be more careful each time they are in a public swimming pool environment.
Here are some practical tips that can keep our family’s health in the environment of public swimming pool.
- Before leading to a swimming pool, make sure the safety instruction of the pond. This kind of information is not yet widespread in Indonesia, but a number of swimming pools, especially in the hotel environment, have provided this kind of information.
- You can check the water quality directly using the pool test strips contained in the equipment stores. Use such a device to test chlorine, bromine, and pH levels in water.
- Never drink pool water and regularly clean our child’s body at least once every 1 hour.
- Take a minimum of one minute before you swim and if you have just had diarrhea, wait at least 2 weeks before swimming.
- Make sure you can see the water seclusion channel in the pool basin element. You should also be able to feel the sides of the pool pond or sauna the location of the meeting of the water with the pool wall of the pool. It should be kept firm and not oily.
- If your child is playing water jet, remember that the water used for the vehicle is recycled each time. Make sure your child does not swallow the water, especially if there is a different child who ever sat in the vehicle.
- If we are 50 years old or older, have or have ever smoked, have a history of acute lung disease, or suffer from weak body durability, we are more dangerous to attack Legionella microorganisms. These microorganisms are spread by air, classified as aerosols. So, as much as possible, you should avoid jet engines that spray water. You should immediately consult a doctor if you believe you have been infected with pneumonia and convey our contact history with sauna or jet air vehicle lately. This information will help the doctor in handling the best treatment for you.